World Book Night is a big deal here in Brighton & Hove Libraries- we’re passionate about books and reading and this night is a great excuse to really push the boat out and share this passion with you.
Join us between 4 and 7pm April 23rd and:
• Receive a personal reading prescription from the Book Doctor Laura Lockington, the bibliotherapy surgery is open all evening from 4.30pm.
• Meet and discuss ‘Famous First Words’ with authors Araminta Hall and Lizzie Enfield between 4.30 and 5.15pm. They’ll be discussing the importance of opening paragraphs of novels and how much authors from Dickens and Austen to DBC Pierre, Monica Lewycka and Stephen King pack into their famous first words. Then enter the quiz to test your knowledge and win fantastic book prizes.
• Get top tips on how to pick and read the perfect book for you with ‘How to read a book’ 5.15 to 6pm. Comics artist Nye Wright and novelist Nina de la Mer join forces to discuss the perils and pleasures of pushing narrative boundaries and celebrate their own favourite ‘difficult’ books. With an audience Q&A session.
• Be one of the first to know the title of this year’s City Read book.
• Find a book giver amongst the shelves gifting one of this year’s titles.
There’s more details on our website and we’ll be tweeting about book gifting through the evening @BHLibraries #BrightonWBN
Susy Baker – Library Officer.