I thought it was worth a quick mention that as part of the ‘Paperback Writers’ series on BBC Radio 6, this Sunday at 1pm (Sun 6 Sep 2015) there is a ‘one off’ special programme, entitled ‘6 Music Celebrates Libraries’, in which authors discuss their musical influences.
I have listened to a few of these shows and they can be a great insight into some top authors and are always a fascinating listen, although finding out that one of your favourite writers has absolutely no taste in music can be disappointing!
Other News –
And on a lighter note Councils release top 10 strangest question asked by the public.
- Do you know how much water I need to cook super noodles? (Stevenage Borough Council)
- What are the rules and regulations for hosting a mouse race? (Somerset County Council)
- Can I exercise my kestrel on your tip? (Nottinghamshire County Council)
- A call from an elderly lady asking for help on her crossword. Seven letters, James Bond’s cat-loving nemesis, begins with B? (Staffordshire County Council)
- What is the daily room rate at the Holiday Inn express? (Stevenage Borough Council)
- What size tin is required for the Mary Berry strawberry tart featured on the BBC’s Great British Bake Off? (Somerset County council)
- I met a boy whilst on holiday in Ibiza, but I’ve lost his number. He said he lived in Nottingham and his dad is a bin man, do you know him? (Nottinghamshire County Council)
- How many geese are on the boating lake in Cleethorpes this year? (The caller wanted to visit but had an allergy to feathers – North East Lincolnshire Council)
- What time does your website close? (Poole Borough Council)
- How high is Mount Kilimanjaro? (Somerset County Council)